A small update with a big effect
With this update from Open-E, you regain control of your DSS V7 WebGUI via browser and TLS1.2.
Service update solves TLS1.2 problem for your web interface
DSS V7 from Open-E can again be conveniently administered via WebGUI
All current browsers such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Safari refuse to work with outdated SSL protocols (TLS1.0 and TLS1.1). This also has an impact on the WebGUI of Open-E DSS V7, as it only supports TLS1.0 by default so far. Requests to the web interface are therefore blocked and can only be displayed with additional effort.
However, the TLS1.2 issue can be quickly fixed via the update for DSS V7 provided by Open-E. You can download the Small Update download here.
Carry out the following steps for individual systems:
- In the Open-E WebGUI under Edit -> B/W Update you can upload the Small Update.
- After the upload has been completed, please accept or confirm the version information that opens.
- After the update a reboot is necessary.
The procedure in the cluster
The update can also be installed in the cluster during operation and is quite easy to do.
- In the Open-E WebGUI under Setup -> Failover switch the storage resources from Node 1 to Node 2.
- Upload the Small Update in the Open-E WebGUI of Node 1 under Edit -> S/W Update.
- Reboot Node 1
- After rebooting Node 1, wait until any replication volumes are back in sync. You can track the process in the WebGUI under Setup -> Failover.
Similarly, please perform these steps for Node 2 as well.
- In the Open-E WebGUI under Setup -> Failover switch the storage resources from Node 2 to Node 1.
- In the Open-E WebGUI of Node 2 under Edit -> S/W Update upload the Small Update.
- Reboot of Node 2
- After rebooting the second node, wait until all replication volumes are in sync again (visible in the WebGUI under Setup -> Failover ).
- Finally, restore the original A/A state of the storage resources: Swing the resource pool from node 2 back to node 1.
Do you need assistance with this?
Any questions? Please contact us.
Konrad Beyer has been with us since 2006 and has made a name for himself as an expert for network and IT security. He has expertise to almost all topics: from operating systems- Windows, Linux, macOS and VMware- to special fields- FC, iSCSI, Tape and NAS- to the product lines of Infortrend and Tiger Technology. As a human firewall, he is committed to ensuring that our internal systems run securely and that no malware infects our intranet. The hobby sailor also has the Starline telephone system firmly under control.